Chipotle Chicken Tinga Tacos
Servings: 3-4 People
- 1 small white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 can (15oz) diced tomato
- 1 jar (16oz) Frontera Chipotle Salsa
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, preferably apple cider
- 4 cups chicken (loosely packed), coarsely shredded, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8-12 warm tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 3-4 tablespoons Mexican queso añejo or Parmesan or Romano cheese, finely grated
- In a large skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat until crisp-tender and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salsa, tomatoes with their juice and the vinegar.
- Simmer, stirring regularly until quite thick, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, cool, then taste and season with salt.
- Serve the mixture in warm tortillas. Let guests add avocado, cheese, and cilantro to taste.