Servings: 8 6-ounce Champagne Margaritas
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Cointreau
- 1 cup silver tequila
- Superfine sugar (if needed for added sweetness)
- 1 lime, cut in half for serving
- Coarse (Kosher) salt, for serving
- 1 bottle Champagne or other sparkling wine
- In a pitcher, combine the lime zest, lime juice, Cointreau, tequila and sugar if you are using it.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, (at least 1 hour).
- Just before serving, strain the mixture to remove the zest, and pour enough salt into a saucer to cover the bottom.
- Rub a lime half over the rim of each champagne glass and upend into the salt to crust it lightly.
- Pour about 3 ounces of the tequila mixture into each glass, fill the rest of the way with Champagne or sparkling wine and hand to one of your lucky guests.